for Hurricane 8000
There is no " Shortcut to Prolink 8000"
Icon on the desktop after installation, Or the driver
can’t b installed properly.
- 1. Try to RUN msconfig to disable
config.sys, autoexec.bat and startup except System
- 2. Run cleanup.exe from the setup CD, restart
your PC and reinstall the driver again.
1. Interface Test: Fail
(Power LED and Link LED keep off )
- Modem USB connector is not connected properly
to the computer USB Port
- USB Cable is damaged
- USB port is not working
- Modem driver is not installed properly
- 1. Ensure that the Modem USB connector is connected
properly to the computer USB . If possible , try
to re-connect to another USB port
- 2. Use alternate USB Cable to test
- 3. Use other USB device to test
- 4. Re-install the Modem driver to ensure that
the driver is not corrupted
Modem Test: Fail
(Power LED Keeps on, Link LED keeps blinking)
- The telephone line is not connected properly
between the modem and the wall socket
- There is a micro filter connected in between
the modem and the wall socket
- The telephone line is damaged
- The ADSL line is not activated.
- Ensure that the telephone line connected properly
. If possible , unplug the telephone line and plug
it back to the modem and the wall socket
- Ensure that there is NO microfilter connected
in between the modem and the wall socket
- Ensure that the telephone line is working
- Try to take out all telephones connected to the
ADSL line for testing.
- Check with your ISP whether your ADSL line is